By installing and using PSY/OPS Font software you agree to the following License terms:
1. Number of Users PSY/OPS Fonts (‘Fonts’) may only be used by the number of Licensed Users indicated in the official invoice provided to you by PSY/OPS or one of its authorized sublicensors (‘PSY/OPS’). Licensed Users are defined as individuals actively employed by the person or entity listed as ‘Licenseholder’ in the Invoice.
2. Locations and Devices PSY/OPS places no express limits on: 1) the geographic location(s) of Licensed Users; 2) whether Fonts are installed on local computers or served remotely, so long as the fonts are secured and only accessible by the Licensed Users; and 3) the number of computing and output devices on which the Fonts are used by the Licensed Users.
3. Font Embedding Licensed Users are permitted to embed static glyph images from PSY/OPS Fonts, in either bitmap or EPS vector form, in any PDF or any other file format, commercial or otherwise, as well as in logos and wordmarks, provided that the glyph images are not a defining commercial aspect of the resulting document or mark (for example, a large ampersand on a tshirt, or a dingbat image used in a rubber stamp). Licensed Users are permitted to embed live PSY/OPS Fonts into PDFs, provided that: 1) the resulting PDFs are not editable by unlicensed users; 2) the PSY/OPS fonts are subset embedded in the PDFs; and 3) the documents containing the embedded fonts are not themselves commercial products.
4. Webfonts A Web Embedding License from PSY/OPS is required in order to embed live Fonts using @font-face or similar protocols. As a Licensed User, you are permitted embed and use the Webfonts within the pageview and domain limits designated in the invoice provided to you by PSY/OPS. Web embedded fonts must always be secured using .htaccess, at minimum.The actual web development, during which the font is embedded and linked on the web, must be performed by a Licensed User or Authorized Third Party.
5. Authorized Third Parties As a Licensed User, you may provide a copy of the PSY/OPS Font Software to an Authorized Third Party, for example a service bureau, commercial printer, web or app developer, post production company or similar, for the temporary and expedient use of the Fonts in your immediate projects. An Authorized Third Party is an individual or entity who has agreed in advance of receiving the Fonts to: 1) only use the Fonts in conjunction with your immediate project; 2) not retain the fonts for longer than one week; and 3) delete all copies of the Font files upon completion of your project, or after one week of receipt, whichever comes first. A Third Party interested in retaining the fonts for ongoing work on your behalf, or who wishes to retain or use the fonts for other projects must upgrade to an Affiliate or standard License.
6. Font Modification Except as permitted herein, you may not modify, adapt, convert, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, alter or otherwise copy the Font Software without prior written authorization from PSY/OPS.
7. Back-ups & Replacements As a Licensed User, you are permitted to make private, unsharable back-up copies of the Font files. PSY/OPS offers lifetime replacement copies of any Fonts you have already Licensed.
8. Transfer of License PSY/OPS Fonts may not be sublicensed, sold, leased, rented, lent, or otherwise given away to another person or entity. A Licensed User is, however, permitted to permanently transfer the complete Font License to another party after one (1) year of purchase, provided: 1) the recipient accepts the terms of this EULA and submits a completed Transfer Form to PSY/OPS; and 2) all original Licensed Users permanently delete all copies of the Fonts and do not use them after completion of the Transfer. A given Font License may only be transferred one (1) time after its initial issuance, and may not be split.
9. Derivative Works You agree that any derivative works created from the PSY/OPS Font Software, including, but not limited to, software, EPS files, or other electronic works, are considered derivative works under U.S. Law and use of the derivative work is subject to the terms and conditions of this License Agreement. Derivative works may not be sublicensed, sold, leased, rented, lent, or given away without written permission from PSY/OPS. PSY/OPS shall not be responsible for unauthorized, modified and/or regenerated software or derivative works.
10. Limited Warranty PSY/OPS Font Software may be returned or exchanged only if defective. Defective software will be replaced when accompanied by a valid sales receipt and PSY/OPS is notified within one (1) month of purchase.
11. Copyright & Trademark PSY/OPS Font Software is protected by the copyright, design, and other intellectual property laws of the United States of America, by the copyright and design laws of other nations, and by international treaties. Any copies of the Fonts must retain the same copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices that appear on or in the Font Software.
12. Termination Any breach of the terms of this Agreement shall be cause for termination. In the event of termination, and without limitation of any remedies under law and equity, you agree to immediately return the Font Software to PSY/OPS and certify that no copy remains in your possession or control.
13. Disclaimer of Warranties PSY/OPS makes no warranties, express or implied as to merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise. Without limiting the foregoing, PSY/OPS shall in no event be liable to the Licensed User or any other third party for any direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages, including damages from loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, arising out of the use or inability to use the product, even if notified in advance. Under no circumstances shall PSY/OPS’ liability exceed the replacement cost of the software. The aforementioned limitation may not apply in some jurisdictions.
Please contact us if you have any questions about Font licensing or acceptable uses.PSY/OPS Type Foundry → 944 Market Street, Studio 504, San Francisco, CA 94102